Energy Savings. Comfort. Safety.
Energy cost savings. Modern commercial buildings typically employ large expanses of glass for daylightingm which saves on lighting costs and has been shown to improve productivity. However, all that glass can place place a substantial extra workload on air conditioning system. 3M Window Films with solar control properties reject up to 97 percent of Infrared Red (IR) gain through windows, depending upon the product selected.
This can amount to hundred of thousands of dollars in annual air conditioning cost savings for a Class A office tower. Naturally, the savings for a particular building will depend upon a variety of factors, including :
* window surface area
* orientation (facing direction) of windows
* air conditioning system age and efficiency
* solar energy transmission characteristics of your window glass
* solar control characteristicsof the 3M Window Film product selected
* geographic location and locale climate
* current electric rates